Friday, September 5, 2014

(31) Jesus raises Lazarus from the dead

 
When Jesus arrived at Bethany, he was told that Lazarus had
already been in his grave for 4 days.
 
Martha said to Jesus,
"If you had been here, my brother Lazarus would not have died."
Jesus told her,
"Your brother will rise again."
 
Then they came to the grave.
It was a cave with a stone rolled across its entrance.
"Roll the stone aside." Jesus told them.
 
So they rolled the stone aside.
Then Jesus looked up to heaven and said,
"Father, thank you for hearing me.
You always hear me, but I said it out loud
for the sake of all these people standing here,
so they will believe you sent me."
 
Then Jesus shouted,
"Lazarus! come out!"
 
And Lazarus came out, bound in graveclothes,
his face wrapped in a headcloth.
Jesus told them,
"Unwrap him and let him go!"

No comments:

Post a Comment