Friday, September 5, 2014

(32) Jesus talks about serving others

 
One day the mother of James and John came to Jesus.
 
"What is your request?"
Jesus asked.
 
She replied,
"In your kingdom, will you let my 2 sons sit in places of honor
next to you, one at your right and the other at your left?"
 
Jesus told her,
"You don't know what you are asking,
Can you drink from the bitter cup of sorrow I am about to drink?
My Father has prepared those places for the ones he has chosen."
 
When the 10 other disciples heard what James and John had asked,
They were angry.
 
Then Jesus called them together and said,
"Whoever wants to be a leader among you
must be your servant, and
whoever wants to be first must become
your slave.
Even I came here not to be served but to serve others,
and to give my life as a ransom for many."

1 comment: