Thursday, June 12, 2014

(19) God called Moses

 
Moses had met the man named "Jethro" in Midian.
 
Now Jethro had 7 daugthers, and
 he agreed to give one of his dauther "Zipporah"
to Moses as his wife.
Zipporah became pregnant and
gave birth to a son named "Gershom."
 
40 years later,
 
God heard Israelites' crying in Egypt and
he remembered his promise
with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob.
 
One day, Moses was tending the sheeps
at the mountain called "Horeb."
 
There the angel of God apperaed
to Moses in flame of fire within a bush.
Moses found it strange
because the bush was on fire but it did not burn.
 
 When Moses got close to the bush,
God called him
 
"Moses! Moses!"
 
"I have heard my people crying in Egypt,
Now I am sending you to Pharaoh to free my people
so they can worship me in the land I promised to them."
 
Moses refused to go several times
but God assured him and provided him
with signs and other assists.
 
With God's help,
Moses had returned to Egypt.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment