Wednesday, August 6, 2014

(14) A woman at the well

 
Jesus and his disciples came to the Samaritan village.
They were on their way back to Galilee.
 
Jesus, tired from the long walk, sat wearily beside the well about noontime.
 
Soon a Samaritan woman came to draw water,
and Jesus said to her,
"Please, give me a drink."
 
Jesus was alone at the time because his disciples
had gone into the village to buy some food.
 
The woman was surprised,
for Jews refuse to have anything to do with Samaritans.
"Why are you asking me for a drink? I am a Samaritan woman."
She said to Jesus.
 
"If you knew who I am, you would ask me,
and I would give you living water."
Jesus replied.
 
"But, you don't even have a bucket or rope,
How would you get this living water?"
She asked him.
 
"The water I give will takeaway thirst altogeher.
It becomes a spring within them,
giving them eternal life."
Jesus replied.
 
"Please! give me some of that water!"
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment