Monday, August 4, 2014

(7) Faith of the Roman officer

 
In Capernaum, the highly valued servant of a Roman officer
was sick and near death. so the Roman officer came to Jesus
and pleaded with him,
"Lord, my young servant is in bed, paralyzed, and in great pain,"
 
Jesus said.
"I will come and heal him."
 
Then the officer said,
"Lord, that is not necessary. Just say the word,
and my servant will be healed.
I have my superior officers who command me, and
soldiers under my authority who listen to my command.
I say, 'go' and they go,
I say, 'come' and they come.
So just say the word, and I know my servant will be healed."
 
When Jesus heard this, he was amazed.
 
"I tell you the truth, I have not seen faith like this
in all the land of Israel.
Go on home. What you have believed has happened."
and the young servant was healed that same hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment