Friday, August 1, 2014

(2) John the Baptist

 
John the Baptist began preaching in the Judean wilderness.
He shouted
"Turn from your sins and turn to God,
the kingdom of heaven is near!"
 
People from Jerusalem came to hear his preach,
and they confessed their sins,
and John baptized them in the Jordan River.
 
"I baptize with water but someone is coming
who is so much greater than I am.
and he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire."
 
Then Jesus went from Galilee o the Jordan River to be baptized by John.
But John did not want to baptize him.
 
"You should baptize me, not the other way around."
John said to Jesus.
 
But Jesus said,
"It must be done, because we must do everything that is right."
so John baptized him.
As Jesus came up out of the water, the heaven opened
and the Spirit of God descended like a dove
and settled on him.
 
And a voice from heaven said,
"This is my beloved son, I am fully pleased with him."

No comments:

Post a Comment