Thursday, July 3, 2014

(39) Judges 2 - Gideon

 
Again, Israel worshiped other gods.
So God handed them over to the Midianites for 7 years.
 
There was a man named Gideon who fled to the mountains
 
Then the angel of God came to Gideon.
"Mighty hero, go with the strength you have
and rescue Israel from the Midianites.
I am sending you."
 
Gideon replied.
 
"But how can I recue Israel?
I am nobody, I am the least in my entire family.
Not only that, my family is the weakest in the whole tribe."
 
The angel said to him.
 
"I will be with you. and you will have a victory over them."
 
Gideon still could not that God chose him to rescue Israel
so he asked for signs.
He asked God to make the wool wet with dew,
but the ground dry.
so that morning God did as Gideon asked.
Gideon asked one last time,
"Please don't be angry with me, but this time
let the wool dry while the ground around is wet with dew."
Again God did as he asked that night.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment