Saturday, July 26, 2014

(87) Daniel interprets the king's dream

 
One night, Nebuchadnezzar had a dream that
bothered him so much that he couldn't sleep.
 
He summoned his sorcerers, astrologers, and magicians and said,
"I had a dream that troubles me so much,
tell me what I dreamed, I have to know what it means.
If you guys don't tell me what it means,
I will end your lives.
But if you tell me what I dreamed, and what it means,
I will give him many gifts."
 
The astrologers replied to the king,
"My king, there is not a single person in this world
 who can tell your dream, unless you tell us what you dreamed!"
 
Nebuchadnezzar was angry to hear that,
so he sent out an order to kill all the wise men of Babylon.
 
When Daniel was told by the man who came to kill him,
he handled the situation with wisdom
by asking more time
with promising that he could tell the king what the dream meant.
 
Daniel urged his 3 friends to ask God
to show them his mercy
by revealing them the secret.
 
That night God revealed the secret to Daniel.
 
Then Daniel stood before the king.
 
"There is no wise men, no magician,
no sorcerer, no astrologer who can tell the king what you dreamed.
But there is God who reveals secrets.
My king, in your dream, you saw a huge statue of a man,
the head was gold,
 the chest and arms were silver,
the belly and thigh was bronze,
the legs were iron,
and the feet were iron and clay.
and a rock struck the statue,
crushing it into pieces.
God has shown you, my king, what will happen
in the future."
 
Then king Nebuchadnezzar bowed to Daniel, and worshiped him.
"Your God is the God of gods!"
The king appointed Daniel to a high position
and gave him many gifts.
 
and Daniel asked the king
to have his 3 friends to be in charge of all the cases of Babylon.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment