Friday, July 18, 2014

(67) Solomon asks for wisdom

 
Solomon loved God and followed all his ways.
 
Solomon sacrificed 1,000 offerings at the local altars.
 
That night God appeared to Solomon in his dream,
and asked,
 
"What do you want? Ask,
I will give it to you."
 
Solomon replied,
"My God, you made me king over your people,
but I still like a little child who doesn't know his way around,
Give me wisdom so that I can
govern your people well and
know the difference between right and wrong."
 
God was pleased with his answer,
so God replied,
 
"Because you have asked for wisdom in
governing my people and have not asked
for nothing else,
I will give you a wise and understanding mind,
and everything else; riches and honor."
 
Then Solomon woke up and
went to Jerusalem to give offerings to God.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment