Tuesday, July 22, 2014

(74) Elijah taken into heaven

 
God was about to take Elijah up to heaven.
Elijah was traveling from Gilgal with his disciple, Elisha.
 
"Stay here, God told me to go to Bethel."
Elijah said to Elisha.
 
"No, I will never leave you!"
Elisha insisted.
So they went on together.
 
When they were in Bethel,
Elijah said to Elisha,
"Stay here, God told me to go to Jericho."
 
"No, I will never leave you!"
Elisha replied.
Sothey went on together.
 
When they were in Jericho,
Elijah said to Elisha,
"Stay here, God told me to go to the Jordan River."
 
"No, I will never leave you!"
So they went to together.
 
Elijah and Elisha stopped by the Jordan River.
Elijah folded his cloack together and
struck the water with it.
The river opened, and they went across on dry land.
 
Elijah asked Elisha if there was anything he could do for him
before he was taken away.
and Elisha replied,
"Let me be your successor, please"
 
As they were walking,
a chariot of fire appeared, and
Elijah was carried away into heaven.
 
Elisha then picked up Elijah's cloack and
returned to the Jordan river.
He struck the water, and the river opened as before.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment